Thrive Hospitality Breakfast 06/10/16
£42
Thrive Hospitality Breakfast 06/10/16

Thrive Hospitality Breakfast 06/10/16

Event Information

Share this event
Date and Time
Location
Location

Crown Plaza

18 Royal Terrace

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

View Map

Event description

Description

Networking breakfast for all working within the Hospitality and Tourism industries and associated support services and academia or for any professionals with a vested interest in the subject matter.  B2B networking and knowledge sharing in a relaxed but facilitated environment.

Delegate introductions will be folllowed by our speaker presentations and networking in the relaxed setting of the Adam Suite, Crown Plaza Royal Terrace Hotel.  A buffet breakfast is also included.




This month we are welcoming Ben Reade, Co-Owner & Chef, Edinburgh Food Studio and Liam Watson, Co-Founder, Canny

Edinburgh-raised chef and food explorer Ben Reade and partner Sashana Souza Zanella, an anthropologist and chef, have created the Edinburgh Food Studio as the centre of their journeys into cooking, eating, tasting, discovering and researching Scotland's food. Open since October 2015,the studio is open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings for a fixed-menu dinner around communal tables which they hope will evolve into collaborative ventures with guest chefs, artists and musicians. The space is used during the rest of the week for master classes, tastings and mini conferences ranging from fermentation or butchery workshops to sessions focussing on research for their proposed online journal. Reade was previously based in Copenhagen as head of Research & Development at the Nordic Food Lab, and was one half of the pop-up Scratch Series restaurant in Edinburgh in early 2015. Both Reade and Zanella are graduates of the Slow Food inspired University of Gastronomic Sciences in Italy.

www.edinburghfoodstudio.com

Canny believe that great taste comes from great ingredients.  Founder Liam, having trained as a herbalist and loving milk, couldn’t believe how shop bought milk drinks lacked taste and personality and most of all didn’t contain real ingredients! By using great ingredients like Belgian chocolate, strawberry puree, vanilla pods and banana puree, adding some Red Tractor certified milk and thickening it with corn flour (just like Mum’s gravy), he found that they could actually taste great. It wasn’t the process, it was the ingredients that you needed to get right.

At Canny, 5% of all profits go to a good cause! The other 95% is used to build a great brand (food to keep the team alive…and the odd beer).

All our their Shakes are 100% natural and a great source of calcium and protein. Make a Canny choice!

www.wearecanny.com



Thrive for Business is a unique business to business networking organisation who through structured and facilitated relaxed meetings ensure that our members and guests capitalise their experience and gain valuable introductions and grow their business networks.

Book today to join our sector specific membership clubs and increase your ROI.

Any questions? Call 0131 526 3104

Share with friends
Date and Time
Location

Crown Plaza

18 Royal Terrace

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved