Actions and Detail Panel
Thriving in practice - Building resilience in yourself and your team
Thu 11 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
A comprehensive and practical workshop to help you identify and overcome your personal and professional stressors, build resilience and cope better with the pressures you face.
Techniques learned on the day will also to help you delegate, improve your time management skills and manage your work/life balance.
Prior to the workshop you will complete your own DISC behavioural profile.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Define stress and understand how it differs from pressure.
- Identify personal symptoms and signs of stress.
- Describe what causes stress and how this affects individual and team health and performance.
- Identify strategies to recognise and prevent stress, burnout and compassion fatigue in yourself and others.
- Understand the key to building personal resilience.
- Use DISC behavioural profiling to make working with others more effective and less stressful.
- Develop coping mechanisms to take control and get what you want and need from your life and your career.
- Improve your time management skills to make the most of the time you have.
Is this workshop right for me?
No matter what role you play within the veterinary team, everyone is exposed to the stressors of work. This workshop is ideal for everyone working in practice: vets, nurses, practice managers, receptionists and business support managers.
£297.00 plus VAT
Before the event
You'll be asked to complete an online assessment before the workshop from which your take-home personal behavioural profile and comprehensive report will be produced. This is included in the price of the workshop.
On the day
The workshop will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway, Nuthall Road, Nottingham, NG8 6AZ. It begins at 9.30am. Please arrive from 9am when coffee and tea will be provided on arrival. The workshop runs until 3.30pm and a hot lunch is included. Please let Carolyne know if you have any special dietary requirements.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please do not hesitate to contact me either at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07500 006383