In the hurly burly of the modern world it is easy for us to operate on automatic pilot. By doing this we often fail to make the best use of our time. It sometimes helps to stop and take stock of the situation and think about how we are working. Everyone has to manage their time to some extent, whether it be at work, at home or both. The sequence in which you perform tasks on an everyday basis has a profound effect on how much you get out of life.
“Time is a valuable, finite resource that is under-valued by many and wasted by most”!
Everyone needs to deal with incoming “stuff” on a daily basis, whether they are mails, emails, calls, information packs, messages, your own thoughts or even random events like the breakdown of your car. We need to deal with a collection of unrelated stuff at work and at home using only “one” mind. If you increase your efficiency in dealing with these, you stand to gain enormously.
This 1 day training Course explores core principles and techniques behind time management, to help delegates improve the effectiveness of how they use their time.
Who should attend?
This is a Level 1 course suitable for anyone that needs to increase their personal effectiveness through time management. This course encourages delegates to stop and think about how they operate and will help anybody who is not making the best use of their time.
“A man who dares waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life”
Delegates will receive
- 7 Guided learning hours (GLH)
- Personal coaching from an expert trainer
- Manual and support materials
- Guided role-playing
- Time as a resource – understanding time
- How we spend our time
- Keeping and analysing a “time log”
- Ideas for improving your time management
- How to manage interruptions from other people
- Identify your top time wasters & how to tackle them
- Learn the most effective ways to say 'no' without giving offence
- Tips for setting & achieving goals (including the SMART model)
- Action planning
- Recognise what prevents them from making the best use of your time
- Control your thoughts with the right attitude so that you maximise your time efficiency
- Plan efficiently for your goals and your mission
- Organise your life efficiently and free your mind of little tasks
- Respond to an interruption confidently and get maximum results
- Stress Management
- Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Positive Assertiveness
- Dealing with Difficult People
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses
and onsite corporate training