Actions and Detail Panel
Time to Listen - Kings Cross
Sun 26 March 2017, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
Time to Listen is a 3-hour workshop for Club Welfare Officers (CWO). CWOs must have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop previously and will need to bring their own reporting procedures to the workshop.
The workshop will:
- describe how a club welfare officer works with others to create a child centred environment
- explain how the club welfare officer role fits into the wider safeguarding environment
- apply learning to case studies including sharing good safeguarding practice
The facilities have the following accessible facilities:
- Wheelchair access
- Accessible toilets
This workshop can be combined with the Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop following it (same venue, same date) from 2-5pm.
Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Ensure your coaches are equipped with the tools to recognise and respond appropriately to issues of safeguarding and child protection.
The workshop is a ‘Minimum Standards for Active Coaches' requirement for many governing bodies of sport1. It constitutes part of the basic standards a coach needs to be able to carry out their role safely and effectively. It can be delivered to all those responsible for organising children’s sport (eg within governing bodies of sport, local authorities, sports and leisure centres, and sports clubs) and those who lead or deliver children’s sport programmes (eg coaches, leaders, instructors, development officials, administrators, volunteers and parents), an estimated 76% of whom undertake these roles on a voluntary basis.
What Coaches Will Learn:
- To explore their own values and feelings in relation to child abuse and appreciate how these may potentially impact on their response.
- To recognise possible signs of child abuse.
- How to take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.