TIVAD Portacath Care
Friday, 4 November 2016 from 14:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Registered Nurse, Assistant Practitioner, Band 3 Heathcare Assistant and Allied Healthcare Professionals where essential to the job they do.
Aim & Outcomes
Aim: To ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively access and provide continuing care for patients with a TIVAD
On completion the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of associated anatomy and physiology
- Recognise a TIVAD and their indications for use
- Select correct equipment to perform the procedure
- Demonstrate safe and effective access of device based on up to date evidence and policy
- Identify common complications and appropiate prevention and/or management of these
- Explain own role in providing information for patients/ carers in promoting patient self-care.
All attendees must have successfully attended Central Venous Catheter Training previously