TIVAD Portacath Care
Tuesday, 5 December 2017 from 13:30 to 15:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Registered Nurse, Assistant Practitioner, Band 3 Heathcare Assistant and Allied Healthcare Professionals where essential to the job they do.
Aim & Outcomes
Aim: To ensure staff have the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively access and provide continuing care for patients with a TIVAD
On completion the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of associated anatomy and physiology
- Recognise a TIVAD and their indications for use
- Select correct equipment to perform the procedure
- Demonstrate safe and effective access of device based on up to date evidence and policy
- Identify common complications and appropiate prevention and/or management of these
- Explain own role in providing information for patients/ carers in promoting patient self-care.
All attendees must have successfully attended Central Venous Catheter Training previously
Booking Terms & Conditions:
- Your place will only be confirmed once The Christie receives payment or the production of an official purchase order (PO) to confirm that your trust are willing to pay your delegate fees.
- Once your place is confirmed, you will be sent a confirmation email informing you of your place. Bearing this in mind, please ensure that your email address is correct.
- Should you need directions to The Christie, they can be found: http://www.christie.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/visiting-the-christie/directions-and-transport/
- Payment should be made before the course commences. If this does not occur, we reserve the right to cancel a booking in the case of non-receipt of payment prior to the day of course.
- In the event of a cancellation, you or your employer will be charged the full fee if you do not inform the course organisers at least 5 working days before the event.
- There will be an administrative charge of £30 for all cancellations unless a replacement delegate is identified.
- It is the responsibility of the representative booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any access requirements.
- A list of nearby accommodation can be found via the following link: http://bit.ly/2hOQL4r