TL Alumni Networking & Leadership event: Cultivating outstanding leadership in a challenging North East school
We are delighted to invite you to this special local TL event for North East Alumni. This has been put together with support from NE Coach, Patricia Penny, following requests from some of our North East Alumni. The evening aims to provide inspiration, practical support and a chance to connect (and in some cases, reconnect) with TL Alumni in your region, as you start the new school year.
Date/time: Thursday 6 October 2016, 5-7pm
Adrian Dougherty, Associate Director Teaching Leaders: Welcome
Mr Nick Hurn OBE, Headteacher, Cardinal Hume School: An outstanding school in a challenging context in the North East. Nick will speak about these points, followed by time for questions from Alumni:
* The role of Head of an Outstanding School in a challenging context
* How to maintain and sustain outstanding standards
* His personal career path
* Preparing for SLT: Applying for SL roles, the qualities of an SL and what he looks for in his SLT
Lynn Watson, Educational Consultant, Trustee of SCHOOLS NorthEast and a former Headteacher * The role of leaders in supporting the wellbeing and progress of children with additional needs.
* Tools to measure progress and develop resilience in students with additional needs
Discussion & networking opportunities with local TL Alumni
* Sharing the challenges and opportunities of the new term (in small groups)
* Supporting peers with current issues (in small groups)
* The evening will finish with an opportunity for informal networking & tea/coffee will be provided
There will also be an opportunity for Alumni to share more information about what they would find interesting and beneficial at future events.
We hope to see you there,
The TL team