Actions and Detail Panel
TLA Ladder & Step Ladder User Course
Tue 2 May 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
A full day course designed for those who use ladder and stepladders in the course of their day to day work. Ideal for all trades including electricians, plumbers, tree surgeons, painters and decorators, etc.
Course Overview & Agenda
- Assess and determine when appropriate to use a ladder or stepladder
- Correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders
- Visually inspect ladders and stepladders for damage before and after use
- Understand the legislation and standards relating to ladders and stepladders
- Awareness of hazards in using ladders and stepladders
- Correct storage and handling of ladders and stepladders
- Classroom based course with practical content delivered outside
- Assessment includes practical activities, multiple choice questions with 80% pass mark
- Delegates receive Ladder Association Certificate and Photo card ID valid for 5 years
- Full day course – minimum 6 hours
- Maximum 8 delegates
- SKU 1401-011
Link to the TLA Ladder & Step Ladder User Training Course on the TB Davies website.
How long is the training valid for?
The training is valid for 5 years equiping the student with the latest developments in best practice and legislation. Official Ladder Association certificates and photo-cards are usually issued within 4 weeks of completion.
Is lunch or refreshments provided?
All students have unlimited tea/coffee and mineral water available throughout the training. A buffet lunch is also provided for full day courses.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The Training Academy provides FREE onsite parking for all students. The Lewis Road site is also on a major bus route and a short walk from Cardiff Queen Street railway station.
What do I need to wear to the event?
Please wear sensible work shoes and warm clothes for the practical sessions in colder weather.
Do I need to bring anything to the event?
All training materials and stationary is provided. The course is a mix of practical and classroom in a modern, bright and temperature controlled environment.
What is the refund policy?
In the unfortunate circumstance that the student has to cancel or postpone a confirmed booking at any time prior to the training delivery, cancellation charges will be made as follows:
- 1-2 months 25% of rates quoted
- 2 weeks - 1 month 50% of rates quoted
- 3 working days – 2 weeks 75% of rates quoted
- 2 working days or less 100% of rates quoted
Any students who do not arrive, or who depart early will be charged at 100% of the delegate rate or rates quoted.