New to Teaching Teachmeet
An opportunity to meet, share and network with primary and secondary NQTs and trainees
Everyone is encouraged to talk so that everyone can learn something new, be amazed, amused and inspired. Anyone can share an idea, resource or story for either 1, 3 or 5 minutes. Do not underestimate the power of sharing: what seems simple to you could literally change the way someone teaches.
FREE (places limited; booking essential via Eventbrite)
17th November 2016, 18:00 – 19:30 (talks from 18:30)
Lighting up Learning, Unit 5:11, Paintworks, BS4 3EH.
You could simply stand up and talk about an idea or share a teaching strategy using Powerpoint. Others have talked about:
- Student self assessment tools
- Unusual ways to plan and evidence work
- Images of learners engaged in practical learning
- Ideas to help build teamwork and collaboration
- Great ways to approach narrative writing
- Ideas to develop talk outside of the classroom
Experienced teachers and school leaders will also pop up every so often, giving advice and guidance, and there will be a chance to network after the talks over a drink.