Top 5 HR issues workshop
Tuesday, 13 October 2015 from 18:00 to 20:30 (BST)
We are delighted to offer a ‘Top 5 HR issues’ workshop in collaboration with Beswicks Legal (www.beswicks.com) on Tuesday 13 October from 6pm to discuss:
- Flexible working/indirect sex discrimination
- Effective capability management and the overlap with disability
- Effective policing of social media during and after employment
- Enforcing restraint of trade post termination
- Where are we with holiday pay?
- Finishing with a Q&A session
Our workshop will be presented by Nick Phillips who is head of employment at Beswicks Legal. He is an employment/HR lawyer with considerable experience. He frequently audits employment documentation, provides pro-active advice to manage contentious situations and assists clients in running their business day to day. He advises on all employment issues including:
- Disciplinary/grievance issues and terminations
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality issues
- Contract drafting
- HR strategy
- Settlement agreements
- Employment aspects of sales and purchase of businesses
Nick has a particular expertise in advising sports organisations, players, managers and event organisers on employment and contract related issues. Prior to joining Beswicks, Nick spent several years as Legal Counsel with Michelin Tyre PLC as an in-house employment lawyer and has a thorough understanding of the wider HR and commercial issues.
The workshop will be held at Beswicks at Sigma House, Lakeside, Festival Park, Stoke on Trent, ST1 5RY with arrival at 6pm and a prompt 6.30pm start.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Professional photography and video production will be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.
When & Where
CIPD North Staffordshire and South Cheshire Branch
Jo Gregory, Branch Administrator
Mobile: 07759 148284