Tour de Farm (and BBQ!)
Sunday, 8 June 2014 from 08:00 to 20:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us on 8 June 2014 for a day at Willowbrook Farm in Oxfordshire.
We've got a day of activities and fun for all the family including:
- Tours of the farm
- Upcycling workshops
- Delicious ethical tayyib BBQ
- Shop to buy farm produce
- Evening entertainment with talks and performance from Silk Road - including award ceremony for Live Below The Line participants
Return coach option leaving at 10.30am from Al Manar mosque in Ladbroke Grove, west London.
A group of 30 people will be cycling from London to the farm and joinnig you for the BBQ! A couple of places are still available on the cycle ride for people so feel free to get in touch if you're interested in joining.
ABOUT MADE IN EUROPE
MADE in Europe is a youth-led charity which works to mobilise British Muslim communities to live more sustainably and campaign to address social and environmental injustice.
By focusing on our young people, we’re creating a long-term and powerful movement for change, and we are changing lives every day.
Your support will mean we can continue to create change like:
- Saving mothers’ lives: A staggering 800 women die every day in pregnancy or childbirth. But thanks to our At Our Mothers’ Feet campaign, we’ve inspired 15 Muslim charities to do life-saving projects for pregnant women, an area of work that was over looked by many in our community
- Training Campaign Leaders: We joined forces with Oxfam to produce the ground breaking Ultimate Campaign Toolkit supporting hundreds of young Muslims around the country in Isocs, schools and youth groups to get active on the issues that matter to them, from child health to food waste
- Greening up our community: 99% of people affected by climate change live in developing countries, but it is our actions in places like the UK which are mainly responsible. Our Green Up! project campaigns for mosques and Muslim communities to take practical steps to reduce their environmental impact.
For more information about MADE in Europe, please see www.madeineurope.org.uk.