Train the Trainer: Enhanced Facilitation Skills and Methods
To enhance and develop facilitation skills and methods for delivering short workshops at foundation and intermediate levels.
We expect that those who are planning to teach or already teaching communication skills will already have sufficient subject knowledge to credibly teach and demonstrate appropriate communication skills for the level they are delivering. For example:
- Attendance on a 2 or 3 Day Advanced Communication Skills Training Course (or equivalent) within the last 5 years
- Knowledge of an evidence-based theory or model of communication
- Evidence-based key components of effective-communication skills training
- Considerations for course design and delivery
- Competences for delivering effective training
- Experimental training methods
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and productive learning enivornment
Managers, clinicians and educators delivering or planning to deliver communication skills training to health and social care professionals via short workshops.
Participants will recieve a copy of the Maguire Handbook: contains a précis of communication skills research from the past 40 years, evidence-based communication skills and strategies, sample course programmes and step by step guides to experiential teaching methods.
Certificate of Attendance
Please note a certificate of attendance cannot be used for proof of competence. For this reason delegates are requested NOT to use terms such as “Maguire trained” to imply endorsement by or connections with the Maguire Unit.
Contact: Email email@example.com, call 0161 918 2012
*This course does not cover advanced facilitation methods i.e. individual agenda-based role plays
Booking Terms & Conditions:
- Your place will only be confirmed when The Christie receives payment or the production of an official purchase order. Please DO NOT book a place unless you have approval from your manager AND confirmation that your trust are willing to pay your delegate fees.
- Once your place is confirmed, you will be notified by email. Please ensure that we hold a valid email address for you.
- Joining instructions, including directions to the venue, will be sent via email two to four weeks before the course commences.
- Payment must be made before the course commences. We reserve the right to cancel a booking in the case of non-receipt of payment prior to the first day of course.
- It is the responsibility of the representative booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any special dietary or access requirements.
- In the event of a cancellation: A charge of 25% of the course fee will be made for cancellations up to 6 weeks prior to the workshop date; a charge of 50% of the course fee will be made between 4 and 6 weeks prior to the workshop; no refund will be given for cancellation within 4 weeks of the workshop; suitable replacement delegates will be accepted up to 1 day prior to the course