The End of Life Care (EOLC) team at UCLPartners has produced educational material that can be used to train generic staff of all disciplines in community settings in the care of patients, and those important to them, in the last weeks of life. The material has been developed in the light of recent national publications related to EOLC.
The project, funded by HENCEL comprises a 17 minute film, 6 separate sets of educational material (slides, facilitator notes and case examples etc) that can be used either alone or in conjunction with the film and evaluation tools. The material covers the following aspects of care in the last weeks of life:
- A reflective session to accompany the film
- Preparing for a death in the community – to include, prognostication, common symptoms at end of life, bereavement, cultural and spiritual issues.
- Effective Communication
- Making a plan of care for the last days of life
- Physical care in the last days of life
- Advance Care Planning: discussions and decisions
The Train the trainer sessions are aimed at staff who will act as champions in their organisations. The sessions will demonstrate the film and teaching material, and train and support staff to enable its use and implementation in their trust. Data collection tools will be provided to evaluate its efficacy.
If you have any queries on this event or other UCLPartners EOLC related queires please contact our EOLC Project Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0203 108 2334