Are you thinking about Training to Teach in Birmingham?
This FREE event brings together Teaching Schools and training providers from the Birmingham area, so you can see what's on offer in this vibrant, forward-thinking, mutli-cultural city.
- Putting Birmingham on the map: what's it like to teach here?
- Talk to teacher training providers and teaching schools
- Demystifying teaching: learn to teach from teachers!
- Drop in to our Train to Teach clinics
Practical help will be available on the evening through our Train to Teach clinics. Sessions will include:
- How to plan your interview
- TAs moving into teaching
- The application process
- Gaining School experience
- Are you eligible to train to teach?
- What to do in your observed lesson at interview
- The skills tests and QTS
More information can be found at www.acts.education
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College is very close to Birmingham City Centre and is easily accessible by public transport. As the event is outside of main college hours, car parking should be available too. Please click HERE for a link to a map with further details.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Although you won't be able to apply for Teacher Training at the event, you may find it useful to bring a CV with you, including a list of your current qualifications.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes, of course! If they are interested in teacher training, they may like to register beforehand too.
How is this different to other Train to Teach events?
This event aims to bring together training providers under one roof who are specifically based in the Birmingham area offering the School Direct route