Actions and Detail Panel
Train to Teach North East
Wed 23 November 2016, 16:00 – 18:30 GMT
This event enables you to explore your teacher training options and find out what it’s like to teach in primary and secondary education.
The Hermitage Academy is an 11-18 Ofsted outstanding teaching school with a large alliance of partnership schools and SCITTs in the North East of England.
The event will:
• inform all attendees of the different routes available to get into teaching, including the shortage subjects.
• introduce attendees to teacher training providers in their region; to make clear how the applicant can apply for all routes via UCAS Teacher Training.
• raise awareness of the bursaries and scholarships available.
• provide guidance to attendees on their application for teacher training.
• offer opportunities for the school experience programme (SEP) to relevant candidates.
• have a wide range of training providers in both primary and secondary education to help you with your enquiries.
• provide opportunities to meet newly qualified teachers and those in the first years of the profession in order to talk to them about their experiences and to identify the training route that would be right for them.
• allow attendees to speak to practising teachers who they can talk to about life in the classroom, behaviour management and teaching their chosen subject
• provide attendees with information on subject knowledge enhancement (SKE).
• provide in-school contacts to support the teacher training application process after the event.