San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Training Essentials -Sat 29th October 2016, Glasgow
This event is part of a series of Youth Scotland training events running across Scotland, where you can develop new skills, increase your knowledge and meet other youth workers.
Schedule for the day:
10am Teas, coffees and registration
10. 15 Workshop One : Team Building or/ Writing Successful Funding Applications
12.15 Lunch ( Please bring your own lunch)
12.30pm Teas, coffee, registration ( for those attending afternoon only)
12.45 pm Workshop Two : Team Building or/ Writing Successful Funding Applications
2.45 pm FINISH
NB/ You can choose to attend morning session only , afternoon session only or BOTH.
This fun, interactive session will build your skills to deliver team building sessions with young people and explore ways to ways to encourage participation. You will participate in a range of practical activities which you can take back and use in your own youth setting. Learning Outcomes:
- Increase your awareness of how to deliver team building sessions to young people
- Increase your understanding of ways to encourage participation
- Increase your confidence in leading sessions
Writing Successful Funding Applications
The training session is intended to give participants an insight into how applications for funding are assessed, in order to ensure they can maximise their chances of success . Learning Outcomes:
- Increased understanding of why and how applications are assessed
- Increased understanding of why similar applications may have different outcomes
- Increased understanding of how statutory organisations choose what to fund
- Increased understanding of the information you need to include in any application
- Increased understanding of when and when not to apply
Buses: There is a bus stop on Tollcross Road, near to the venue.
Parking at the Venue: There is on-street parking on the main road and surrounding streets.
Who should attend? Youth workers/leaders aged 16+ (paid, sessional or volunteers)
Cost - This event is free . However please note there will be a £25 charge for non-attendance on the day.
Please bring your own lunch and refreshments.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
When & Where
Youth Scotland is a membership organisation and Scotland’s national charity for the support and delivery of community-based youth work. We support a network of over 1,200 youth groups and projects and deliver services that help over 64,000 young people to learn, succeed and make positive contributions to their communities.