San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Take your training skills to a more advanced level as you discover how the human brain really learns which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge.
Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by thousands of trainers, teachers, and Scrum and Agile coaches worldwide.
Leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s toolbag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs. You’ll also leave with a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information – the workbook is only available with this train-the-trainer program.
This course is facilitated by Training from the BACK of the Room certified trainers and agile coaches Simon Powers and Ben Maynard
After participating in this informative and interactive program, you will be able to:
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based.
- Apply “The Six Trumps”– six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught.
- Recognize these six learning principles in action.
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, elearning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction.
- Design any learning experience using “The 4Cs Map” as your guide – a four-step brain-based instructional design and delivery model.
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways.
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning.
- Utilize a trainer’s toolbag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program.
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences.
This highly interactive, colourful and fun workshop is delivered by Ben Maynard and Simon Powers, who both are certified by Sharon Bowman to deliver this course.
I am the founder of Adventures with Agile, the community of practice for agile and organisational change, currently working as an Agile Coach and Organisational Change Agent with some of the largest organisations in the world. I have 18 years experience in software development with Barclaycard, BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs, NYSE, Tesco, Oxfam, Sony, DHL and many others. Whilst working with this client base, I have seen and overcome (with varying degrees of success), the types of problems faced in large organisations and found common ways of overcoming these issues. I also run private training courses for organisational change, including getting teams sprinting and producing value, and making use of your architecture team.
I am passionate and a dedicated advocate of Courage, Respect, Openness, Transparency, Empowerment and Service.
Ben has been training for over 10 years and has always been passionate about enabling and supporting people in gaining knowledge and reaching their potential. His career started in Local Government, then onto back offices in an Investment Bank and in more recent years supporting teams in becoming high performing. Throughout all of these stages his focus on and development towards becoming an evermore effective educator has remained constant via a deep and growing understanding of brain based learning.
Please read our full terms and conditions.
When & Where
Adventures with Agile
Whether you’re looking to learn how to use Scrum or Kanban, or important agile coaching, leadership and faciliatation skills we have the course that will suit your needs.
Speak to us today about our public or in-house training courses and workshops. To see all our courses click here.
T: 0203 369 1125