San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Adventures with Agile is honoured to host Sharon Bowman author of “Training From The BACK Of The Room”, for 3 days of training and certification. The class is 2 days with an optional extra day if you wish to become a Certified Trainer for "Training From the BACK of the Room." As a Certified Trainer, you are licensed to run the 2-day training course for your own companies and in your own countries.
Extra Certification Class Added
Due to demand, Sharon has kindly agreed to facilitate an extra certification class. This course will run on Friday the 20th May. To attend this course you must have previously attended a 2-day "Train-the-Trainer" course with Sharon.
There are only 15 places on the certification day, so book early to avoid disappointment.
This is likely to be a one-off opportunity to train with Sharon herself in the UK.
2-Day Train-the-Trainer Class
Take your training skills to a more advanced level as you discover how the human brain really learns which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. Explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge.
Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day training program, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by thousands of trainers, teachers, and Scrum and Agile coaches worldwide.
Leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s toolbag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs. You’ll also leave with a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information – the workbook is only available with this train-the-trainer program. You’ll also receive a copy of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling book Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick, and a copy of her globally acclaimed book Training from the BACK of the Room.
After participating in this informative and interactive program, you will be able to:
- Explain and define the most current brain science about human learning – information that is directly applicable to all instruction, whether in classrooms, one-on-one, or computer-based.
- Apply “The Six Trumps”– six learning principles based on brain science that will significantly enhance learning and retention, regardless of the content being taught.
- Recognize these six learning principles in action.
- Use these principles in any learning environment: classroom, elearning, one-on-one, small and large group instruction.
- Design any learning experience using “The 4Cs Map” as your guide – a four-step brain-based instructional design and delivery model.
- Combine brain science and technology and enhance learning by using both in creative, collaborative ways.
- Access new resources that will expand your knowledge of the most current brain science about human learning.
- Utilize a trainer’s toolbag of practical tips and activities – a collection of best practices that you created during the training program.
- For Agile coaches and Scrum trainers: Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences.
About The Facilitator
Sharon Bowman is the president of Bowperson Publishing & Training, Inc. She has been a professional speaker, author, teacher, and trainer for over forty years. She works with businesses and educational institutions that want to offer exceptional in-house training and professional development programs.
Sharon is the author of seven popular training books, including the best-selling Pfeiffer/Wiley books titled The Ten-Minute Trainer and Training from the BACK of the Room. Her newest book is Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick. Log onto Sharon’s website at www.Bowperson.com for free excerpts of her books and downloadable training tips, articles, and slide presentations.
Sharon’s two-day train-the-trainer program, “Training from the BACK of the Room,” has received global acclaim from consulting and training companies worldwide. Sharon practices what she preaches by creating/presenting highly-interactive, informative, and unforgettable learning experiences that are based on Accelerated Learning processes and principles. Join us for this exciting train-the-trainer event and take your own training skills to a dramatically new level of excellence.
1 day certification class
Sharon will also be training the 1 day How to present "Training From The BACK Of The Room" certification course on the 20th May 2016. This will be a one-off opportunity for you to gain the certification that will enable you to present Sharon's 2 day course.
This 1-day trainer certification course will enable you to present Sharon Bowman’s 2-day train-the-trainer program “Training from the BACK of the Room” in your own countries and for your own companies, agencies, educational institutions, clients, and customers.
This course is an intense, challenging program that is designed to give you the professional training skills you need to present “Training from the BACK of the Room” to your own audiences.
Along with individualized instruction, guided practice, instructor and peer coaching and feedback, you will receive a complete 200-page facilitator's guide, slide sets, and all other digital materials you need to present the 2-day program. Plus, you'll receive a year of free coaching from Sharon to help polish your "Training from the BACK of the Room" presentation skills.
Registration is limited to 15 participants and the course covers ten hours of contact time, including two one-hour follow-up webinars. Learning outcomes and prerequisites for this certification course are listed below.
Join a network of trainers from all parts of the world who are already Certified Trainers for “Training from the BACK of the Room!”
Learning Outcomes for this Certification Course:
After completing the prerequisites and actively participating in the course, and after presenting a live lesson in-class for instructor and peer review and feedback, you will be able to:
- Deliver the 2-day train-the-trainer program “Training from the BACK of the Room” by using the official facilitator’s guide and slide sets for this 2-day train-the-trainer workshop. You will also be able to customize this 2-day program to fit the training needs of your audiences.
- Teach others about Accelerated Learning, current brain science behind effective instruction, the “6 Trumps” (6 learning principles based on brain science), and the 4Cs training design and delivery model – all crucial components for successful, brain-based training.
- Assist others in acquiring brain-based instructional and training skills.
- Continually improve your own training skills by receiving ongoing feedback, encouragement, and coaching from your master training group of certified “Training from the BACK of the Room” peers.
- Receive one year of free coaching from Sharon Bowman, via email, phone, social media, or Skype.
- Access a continuously updated digital database of resources: websites, slide presentations, books, articles, videos, and other sources related to effective, brain-based training.
Prerequisites for this Certification Course
- Completion of Sharon’s 2-day train-the-trainer workshop “Training from the BACK of the Room!”
- Completion of short writing assignments to demonstrate comprehension of concepts covered in the 2-day workshop (writing assignments will be sent upon registration).
- Completion of assigned readings (list will be sent upon registration).
- Creation of a short, written (or video-taped) lesson plan using a topic you teach and using the 4Cs lesson design “map” as your guide (specific lesson plan requirements will be sent upon registration; your plan will be posted on the “Training from the BACK of the Room” Ning social network for peer review and feedback.
Please read our full terms and conditions.
When & Where
Adventures with Agile
Whether you’re looking for agile, lean or scrum training or to learn important agile coaching, leadership and management skills we have the course that will suit your needs. We offer some of the best agile training in this field, led by the some of the most respected and influential change experts in the world. Please book early as these courses are popular and usually sell out.
Speak to us today about our public or onsite training courses and workshops. To see all our courses click here.
T: 0203 369 1125