The training provides a complete toolkit for building a strong and profitable sponsor community. Developing a strong sponsorship community can do many things for an Association. There is the benefit of increased income, enabling initiatives to be launched and progressed. But what more could your Association gain from creating a strong sponsor community? This session will unlock your Association’s potential to grow through sponsorship.
Developing a strong sponsorship community can do many things for an Association. There is the immediate benefit of increased income, enabling new initiatives to be launched and progressed. Looking beyond that, there are also medium to long term benefits of treating your sponsors as community and welcoming them into your Association. This session will unlock both aspects of sponsorship for your Association.
Perhaps you have a thriving sponsor community and want to grow it further. Or perhaps you don't have one and want to start. Or perhaps you are experiencing mixed success from your sponsorship initiatives. Drawing on his 20+ years of sales experience, John will share his proven and successful approach to growing sponsorship income within an Association. Whatever your situation, you'll leave this session with resources to use straight away and a plan to understand and build on what you have in place and develop a thriving and rewarding sponsor community.
Who should attend
- Heads of Events
- Heads of Commercial Relationships
- CEOs & Executives Directors
- Heads of Sponsorship / Sales
- Trade bodies and any membership organisation looking to grow their income from sponsorship.
This one day course will cover the following:
- Defining sponsorship for your Association: Why it’s different and why it matters.
- Positioning your Association as valuable using Audience, Relationship and Channels (ARC)
- Turning your ARC into a sponsorship strategy
- Finding your potential sponsors
- Fee setting and sponsorship package design
- An approach to marketing and selling your sponsorship offer
- Responses to the common challenges around selling sponsorship
- An approach to sponsor servicing, the key ingredient behind sponsorship growth
You'll leave with the following:
- Energy and confidence about what differentiates your Association from other propositions
- Clear understanding of your unique value to sponsors
- A strategy and plan to develop your sponsorship offer
- A toolkit and approach to market and sell to sponsors
- Ideas for how to support sponsors to get the most from their relationship with you
About the trainer
John Scarrott is a trainer and coach working with Associations to grow their income so they can do more. He has over 20-years commercial sales and communications experience and is a former Membership Director of the Design Business Association. During 7 years in this role time, he grew both membership and sponsorship income significantly against a backdrop of recession and with minimal additional investment His success on membership growth saw his work shortlisted for Best Growth Strategy at the Association Congress Awards 2014. John has trained the Association sector since 2014, running workshops in the UK, Europe and Australia. For more information about John Scarrott visit www.johnscarrott.com.
What previous delegate's say
"We were immediately engaged and inspired."
"The sessions were straightforwards to understand with challeging yet practical skills to hone and implement"
"Mini exercises helped the information sink in and were great fun too."
"A huge amount of the material covered can be put to good use immediately"
"Can’t praise John’s training enough.”