Actions and Detail Panel
Training in practical care of on-board art collections: Introductory 2-day...
Thu, 6 Apr 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 7 Apr 2017, 16:30 CEST
On-board art collections can be worth more than the superyacht itself. Successfully caring for prestigious objects presents interior crew with unique challenges. This 2-day certified course will equip interior crew with the introductory knowledge and practical skills to care for art collections on-board luxury superyachts.
- Could you safely organise the packing of a valuable painting?
- How should you get fine art objects cleaned, conserved or technically analysed?
- What do you need to know to care for valuable collections responsibly?
- Could you tell your Turner from your Monet?
- Where should valuable paintings NOT be placed in the yacht?
Impress your employers and their guests with your knowledge of art on-board and offer owners peace of mind that you understand how to properly care for their most precious objects to prevent them from de-valuing.
This 2-day programme combines an introduction to art history with the physical mechanics of the art world. You will learn to use the correct terminology and up to date practices in arts management as well as specific considerations for holding art objects on a yacht. You will be introduced to art as a fundamental feature of
- Understand the art collector and the intrinsic value of objects on board
- Basic knowledge of the major art movements and periods
- Basic knowledge of the types of conservation cleaning, technical analysis, framing, logistics
- Understand the practical requirements for the preservation of art objects
- Know where to go for specialist help in an emergency
- Feel confident to handle art collections
- Understand the mechanisms of the art world as an international business
Accreditation: The course is assessed, certified and delivered in association with JJYonnet Formations, accredited training provider in the concierge and hospitality sector. Successful completion of the course is awarded with a certificate in On-Board Art Management.