San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Managing Conflict & Reducing Stress
Led by: Dorothy McKinney (FCIPD), HR Consultant
What it is and who it is for:
This workshop supports participants to develop the skills in dealing with day to day, difficult and/or challenging conversations by supporting them to:
- Understand your role in reducing and addressing workplace conflict.
- Understand the importance of gaining an understanding of the needs of those you work with.
- Develop the skills to manage in a way which minimises conflict.
- Use mediation skills in day to day dealings with others.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to enable you to undertake the ‘difficult conversation’ and ‘coaching conversations’.
- Reduce your own stress levels giving you more time to focus on key targets and outcomes.
This workshop is aimed at ACOSVO's growing membership of Associate Members & third sector senior managers.
The aims of this workshop:
- Reduce stress levels as people issues are dealt with quickly and effectively
- De-escalation of issues allowing greater focus on the organisation
- Have less formal issues being raised by staff
- Reduce time lost on non-productive issues
- Be more confident and capable managers
- Staff be more flexible and open to change
- Allow the transfer of skills to all aspects of the workplace
- Staff have more trust in managers
- Staff more engaged and willing to support decisions
- Support higher levels of performance
About the facilitator:
Dorothy McKinney (FCIPD) is a trained mediator, with over 30 years experience as a professional HR Manager in local government, NHS Scotland, social housing and charitable sectors.
Dorothy and her team specialise in reducing and resolving complex people management issues.
Save This Event
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more