Actions and Detail Panel
Transforming End of Life Care
Mon, 6 Nov 2017, 09:00 – Tue, 7 Nov 2017, 17:00 GMT
This two day multi-professional course is delivered by the Guy's & St Thomas' Palliative Care team and Community Nursing Services, developing essential end of life care skills.
What will the course cover?
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Pain and Symptom management
- Advance Care Planning
- The last days and hours of life
- Recognising and managing clinical uncertainty – the AMBER Care Bundle
- DNACPR decisions and discussions
- A death in the family – How families grieve
- Difficult communication
- Hospital and community interface – minding the gap
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is aimed at all staff in areas dealing with end of life care e.g. GPs, Medical Practioners, consultants, Nursing Bands 6 and 7, AHPs
Quotes from previous programme participants
- “It was superb and informative, and built on my existing knowledge”
- “Very well structured and organised course. Confident and knowledgeable presenters. Excellent course.”
- “I found this training to be very well put together and very informative.”
- “Excellent, and will help me improve or be more effective in the management and care of end-of-life patients.”
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?