Actions and Detail Panel
Translating Engagement into Evidence
Wed 26 April 2017, 12:00 – 16:00 BST
The Leapfrog project at ImaginationLancaster invites you to a ‘Rigorous Stories' workshop on Wednesday 26th April from noon – 4pm. Lunch will provided from noon - 1pm followed by the workshop from 1-4pm.
The Rigorous Stories workshop is for practitioners who:
- Regularly engage with individuals or groups of people to gather ideas, opinions and experiences
- Use creative facilitation techniques or tools to enable people to express themselves
- Translate the data from creative consultations, workshops or focus groups to inform decisions, reports or policy
Rigorous Stories, a new Leapfrog project will explore how data and insights from creative engagement workshops (such as videos, presentations, stories, writing or drawing) can be shared and reliably translated into a form that speaks to decision makers. The beneficiaries of this project will include engagement officers, policy makers, service managers or social workers.
The Rigorous Stories project will produce new tools and resources to help the results of engagement have a coherent voice in decision making and policy discussions. The new tools will be made widely transferable and freely available on www.leapfrog.tools
- The types of data generated in creative engagement
- Map creative engagement activity and projects
- The challenges of reliable, consistent analysis of creative engagement data
- Different types of destination for creative engagement data
Through taking part in the workshop you will receive the results of Leapfrog's research along with the tools we develop. You will have the opportunity to share knowledge and key challenges in this area with a community of creative engagement practitioners.