Trauma Triggered Behaviour in Looked After and Adopted Children is suitable for foster carers, social workers, teachers and adopters; delivered by Bubble Wrapped Children author Helen Oakwater, founder of FAB Parents
This interactive, dynamic workshop demonstrates how the legacy of maltreatment and neglect frequently prevents children from growing up ’normally’ and shows why therapeutic reparenting and truth telling is essential for fostered and adopted children.
The day weaves together data on trauma, brain functioning, sensory memories, parenting strategies and child development with practical strategies and behaviour management tools. Discussions and small group exercises throughout the day ensure a ‘learn by doing’ experience. Although the day is packed with information, it’s not a lecture. Please bring curiosity, an open mind and a sense of humour.
Benefits of attending
- Leave with a clear picture of how childhood maltreatment and neglect impacts brain functioning and is outside our conscious control.This knowledge makes sense of apparently ‘nonsensical’ behaviour.
- Tools for transformation. Leave with several, new, simple step by step strategies to control your own reactions and calmly manage children’s highly challenging, emotionally charged behaviour.
- Empower you and the child to understand how their traumatic past links to their present behaviour and influences their future life
- A fresh perspective on contact and social media intrusions.
- A graphic model of child development and consequences of gaps.
This workshop has been deliverd by Helen throughout the UK, Australia and New Zealand to thousands of participants, receiving outstanding feedback from professionals and carers. Its a robust, effective, enjoyable workshop.
Local Authorities can be invoiced for participants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen offers a 100% money back guarentee on all her training. No quibbles, simply a refund if you are not fully satisfied.