Actions and Detail Panel
Travel Journalism Masterclass
Sat, 3 Dec 2016, 10:00 – Sun, 4 Dec 2016, 17:00 GMT
Want to become a published travel writer? Meet the experts and the editors at this unique weekend workshop which offers the inside track on how to pitch, write and publish professional travel articles.
Experienced travel editors from the national magazines and newspapers lead the course, offering a fast-track on the commercial and creative issues involved in travel journalism. Past participants have been widely published.
Key content includes: how to structure travel features, trends in the digital world, what editors want and how to approach them, pitching angles, how to describe places and people, top tips for openings and endings, writing with facts, and researching the market. These are invaluable insights for success in the marketplace - and rarely available from such top professionals.
Your expert tutors:
- Glen Mutel, Features Editor of National Geographic Traveller (July course).
- Emily Mathieson, former Editor of Elite Traveller and section editor at Conde Nast Traveller, now a widely published freelance travel writer (July course).
- Pat Ridell, Editor of National Geographic Traveller (December course).
- Nick Boulos, Travel Writer of the Year 2013, widely published freelancer and former Travellers' Tales student (December course).
- Jonathan Lorie, Director of Travellers' Tales, travel journalist for The Times, Guardian, Telegraph and others (all courses).
Full details of the course and organisers are here.
Gift tokens for your friends and family can be bought here from just £50.