Travelling with Equipment - a GTC Workshop
Saturday, 31 October 2015 from 10:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Time was when travelling to overseas locations was a pleasure. The TV Company would book you into Business Class, arrange taxis to and from the airport and the Transport Department would take care of all the equipment.
Those days are long gone. Today, chances are that you have to make all the arrangements yourself.
- How do you pack everything to make sure it arrives safely?
- Do you need a Carnet, and if so how do you arrange it?
- Is it better and cheaper to pay excess baggage or arrange freight?
- What do you do about those Li Ion Batteries?
- What about travel to really isolate places?
We will be answering these questions and more at the GTC Travelling with Equipment workshop. Industry experts will be there to answer your questions and promote general discussion:
- John Buckley from Movietech Rental will be giving advice on packing for travel and shipment
- Sukie Dehaney for Birmingham Chamber of Commerce will reveal all the secrets about Carnets.
- Simon Huntley from Logfret will be looking at the cheapest, safest and most efficient methods of shipping.
- David Hardy from PAG will pass on the latest regulations and advice on shipping batteries.
- Wildlife Cameraman Robin Smith will share some secrets about filming and looking after equipment in the wild.
Please note that because of restricted space, we are limited to 20 participants.
Refreshments and a sandwich lunch will be provided.
Due to tight security at the studios, vehicle details will need to be supplied (see booking form)
Emergency contact on the day: Brian Rose - 07768 635788
When & Where
GTC Workshops Organiser Clive North
The GTC is