Actions and Detail Panel
$tudent Loan$: Rights and Relief
Thu 25 May 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 CDT
The Economic Justice Work Group invites you to a FREE training on student loans.
- Many of the clients and community members we serve have student loans.
- How can we as providers share useful resources, information, and tips?
Why Student Loans?
- Student Loan debt now surpasses credit card debt as the largest source of debt in the US.
- There is over $1.30 trillion in US student loan debt.
- 44.2 million Americans have student loan debt.
- More than 1 in 10 people are delinquent on their loans.
Training Topics include:
- What are student loans?
- What happens when people fall behind in their payments?
- What rights do borrowers have? What sort of relief is available?
- What resources exist for help on these issues?
- How do hardship circumstances (like domestic violence) intersect with student loans?