Twitter for Beginners - B2C - Bury St Edmunds
Thursday, 5 May 2016 from 09:30 to 12:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Twitter For Beginners - Business to Consumer
- What's the point of Twitter? 10 good reasons why you wish you'd been doing this before!
- Setting up a twitter account - we'll discuss home pages and settings
- How to write the perfect tweet - creating impact, intrigue and value
- How to find and attract followers
- Good practice v Bad practice .. how not to be a twitter bore
- What not to tweet and the business implications incl. legal aspects
- How to stay motivated and keep your customers engaged
This course is for you if...
- You have a twitter account but you feel as if it is just plodding along
- You want to make your Twitter account more engaging, more exciting and extract value!
- You just want to understand all the Twitter hype, and whether or not it can help you
Teas & coffees will be provided.
*There is a cancellation fee with this ticket*
Parking is limited at Eastern Way and attendees are advised to arrive 10/15 minutes early to avoid any disruption to the course.
Course Tutor: Matt Anderson, Co-Founder of InDigital EA and Montage Communications
Launched Brabantia’s international social media campaign in the UK, USA, Belgium, France, Russia and the Netherlands.
Montage has provided social media strategy and monitoring for South West RDA, Bristol City Council, British Council, The National Archives, Norseland Cheese, Pilgrims Choice & ECover.
10 years PR marketing experience with Camelot, Starbucks, B&Q and Orange.
Highly recommend Matt’s work. He provided excellent social media training, support and development.Zoe Boulton | Brand Manager Pilgrims Choice | Adams Foods.
“Montage have proven to be real experts in the social media arena and through a mix of high output activity, creative ideas and a true understanding on the media dynamics are helping us to create better consumer engagement with our brand” – David Slater | UK Sales and Marketing Director | Brabantia
“Matt has provided Connecting Bristol with support and advice in enhancing our social media presence. I have always found him very personable in all our dealings, and he exhibits a clear expertise in the field.
Kevin O Malley | Futures City Team Leader | Connecting Bristol – Bristol City Council
“Expert in his field, extremely personable and dedicated to the task in hand, Matt will be a great support to any organisation and a pleasure to have working alongside.” James Harper | Head of Communications | South West RDA & BIS SW
When & Where
MENTA - Social Media Training
Menta - The Suffolk Enterprise Agency.
Menta is a not-for-profit social enterprise - we exist to help you start and grow your small business.
We provide a range of employment and HR courses, suitable for SMEs in the East Anglia region.
We can help you manage your team, follow employment legislation and motivate your team more efficiently, so you can grow your business more effectively.
If you have any bespoke training courses or coaching needs, please do get in touch. Contact us on 0800 085 5090.