Actions and Detail Panel
Two-day Embedded TDD training course by James Grenning
Thu, May 4, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, May 5, 2017, 4:00 PM CEST
In connection with James Grenning's participation to the Embedded Day in Oslo on May 3rd, he will give a training course "TEST-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT FOR C OR C++". If you attend the training course, you get the Embedded Day ticket for free.
This training course helps you build knowledge, understanding and skill in the engineering practices needed to build great C or C++ code. You will learn how to build flexible and modular software with very few defects, software that can have a long useful life. James will teach you how to prevent defects and how to keep code clean over years of evolving needs.
Do you want to know more, or get prepared for the training? Have a look at James Grenning's book: Test-Driven Developement for Embedded C.
Test Driven Development
- Why Test Driven Development?
- What is Test Driven Development?
- The Microcycle
Adapting TDD to Embedded Software Development
- Leveraging the Development System
- Risks of Development System Unit Testing
- Embedded TDD Cycle
- Hardware/Platform Independence
- Object Oriented Principles Applied to C
- TDD and Collaborating Modules - testing the code in the middle
Test Fakes, Stubs, Doubles, Mocks
- Spying on the Hardware
- Faking the Time
- Link-time Fake
Keeping Tests Clean
- Test Smells
- Tests as Detailed Documentation
- Critical to a Healthy Business
- Critical Skills
- Code Smells
Working with Legacy C
- Legacy Code Mindset
- Boy Scout Rule
- Incremental Improvement
- Legacy Change Algorithm
- Crash to Pass Algorithm