Two day Mental Health First Aid Training READING
Many children and young people with autism spectrum conditions face severe and complex mental health issues.
The aim of these two-day courses is to equip parents and carers with information and skills to support children and young people aged 8 to 18. It will help participants:
- Spot the early signs of mental health problems
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help prevent a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Topics covered include depression, anxiety, panic attacks, alcohol and substance misuse and eating disorders.
Please note that these courses are currently only available to parents and carers living in Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire, as they are funded by the West of Berkshire Clinical Commissioing Group. Places on the course cost over £200 each, so you need to attend both days.
Course dates for Wokingham and West Berkshire are being arranged.