Free to member institutions, this two-day training will run over two days, 9.30-4.30pm each day, and cover the following topics:
1. Self-interest – Why and how to communicate self-interest, do 121s, listen for issues affecting people in your institution
2. Issues – How to present your institution’s issues and work with others to prioritise issues in a broad-based organisation
3. Research – How to research common issues, analyse power and plan SMART campaign goals
4. Negotiation – How to generate turnout and negotiate with power holders
5. Action – How to understand different cultures and organise a public action
6. Evaluation – How to evaluate, celebrate, reflect on power and leadership, develop a habit of action.
This training is open to one individual from each of our member institutions. There are no entry requirements beyond a willingness to participate in the learning activities and apply the learning to some aspect of community leadership within the member institution.
A small number of place are available to individuals from non-member institutions for a fee.
Snacks will be provided. Accomodation will not be provided. Meals will not be provided so please bring a packed lunch on both days.