"TWO DAYS FOR TODAY'S PA"
Two days of workshops specifically designed and targeted for Personal Assistants, Secretaries and Administrators. Attendees may choose to book for day one or day two, or to attend on both days.
Come and join like-minded professionals for training sessions that have been designed with you in mind! The course will be delivered by Angela Garry, the world's most connected Trainer of Personal Assistants - a former PA herself.
Having successfully delivered courses to over a thousand PAs and Admins since 2010, this is one of a series of one and two-day events offered by Angela Garry and Pica Aurum throughout the UK in 2014 / 2015. Dates and venues to be announced on www.picaaurum.com.
Attendees will enjoy a variety of presentation styles, training tools, case studies and discussions on best practice with ample time for networking.
EARLY BIRD booking rates are available until 5pm on Friday 13 June 2014.
A training programme (in PDF format), including Testimonials from attendees on prior courses can be downloaded by clicking here.
This two-day course will run from 9:30 to 5:00 pm on Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 July 2014 at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel in Nottingham, UK.
For those wishing to book to attend on one day only, the Programme Order is:
DAY ONE: Be a multi-tasking miracle maker.
DAY TWO: Project Management for PAs / EAs.
BE A MULTI-TASKING MIRACLE-MAKING PA
"Time management" won't help you: it's "YOU Management" that you really need! Almost every course or conference programme will push you in the direction of Time Management. Time management techniques can work very well for highly powered Executives to manage their day, chopping out the smaller tasks, creating more time for larger tasks, etc - whilst their Assistant carries out all everything else that is necessary.
However, Time Management courses aren't usually geared for the Assistant, and what they don't generally teach is how to manage YOURSELF under the stream of constant interruptions that are the very nature of the intensely busy role of the Executive or Personal Assistant. One of your primary purposes as the Executive's Assistant is to "mop up" everything and to cope with constant interruptions including telephone calls, emails, visits to the office, and even the boss himself. These are tasks that cannot be reduced in many cases, as they are the minutiae necessary in order for us to support the Executive who is running the organisation.
The workshop will include varying methods for:
- dealing with time-wasters, interruptions, constant phone calls and stands of visitors to your office;
- working with toxic colleagues, awkward management styles and difficult customers;
- handling multiple requests for your time and working for several managers;
- juggling large numbers of tasks whilst keeping a clear head;
- coping with an Executive's ridiculously busy inbox as well as your own;
and most of all,
- methods for ensuring that you can maintain a level of sanity, keep a healthy work/life balance and demonstrate whole-hearted professionalism throughout.
In short, this is a masterclass on multi-tasking in extremis.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR PAs / EAs
Whether you’re an administrative assistant, secretary, executive secretary or another member of the administrative support staff, this one-day course will give you the skills that spell project management success — scheduling, budgeting and planning, whilst understanding, developing and working with realistic project plans. The day will offer insight into how project management for administrative professionals can help you take a project from conception to completion.
- Defining project management: Planning and controlling projects; Meeting project objectives; Solving project problems; Managing time and priorities; Coordinating work done by others; Improving communication skills in relation to projects
- Project Planning: Generating a Project Plan; The importance of Phases; Implementing the Plan; Management of Risk; Project Team Roles; The Critical Path
- Running the Project: Posting Project Progress; Project Controls; Managing Variance; Reporting; Closing the Project; Post Project Review; Learning from each project
Vital tools will be included to assist with brain-storming, mind-mapping, Gantt charts, SWOT and PESTLE analysis, problem-solving and decision-making.
In short, this is a masterclass on multi-tasking in extremis.
Cost and inclusions / exclusions:
Full course handouts plus attendance certificates will be issued to all attendees.
Refreshments during the morning coffee break, lunch and afternoon coffee break are included on both days.
Dress code throughout: smart / casual.
|EARLY BIRD BOOKINGS||Day one only||Day two only||Both days|
|For bookings made by 5pm on Friday 13 June 2014||£160
|FULL RATE BOOKINGS||Day one only||Day two only||Both days|
|For bookings made after 5pm on Friday 13 June 2014||£180
INCLUDED: course materials, attendance certificate, refreshments and lunch.
EXCLUDED: Attendees are responsible for their own accommodation / transport.
The venue and overnight accommodation:
The venue for this training course is the Nottingham Belfry Hotel, part of the Q Hotels Group. The hotel is easily accessible, being just a mile from J26 of the M1 and only 15 miles from East Midlands Airport. Travelling by rail, the nearest mainline train station is in Nottingham City Centre.
Should you require overnight accommodation, the Nottingham Belfry currently offers an "Advanced Purchase" rate for Sunday 13 and Monday 14 July is £187.20 for a 2-night Bed and Breakfast stay. Visit http://www.qhotels.co.uk/our-locations/the-nottingham-belfry for bookings.
Terms and conditions of course bookings:
1. Course bookings are payable in advance via Eventbrite's online bookings system.
2. Cancellations made two weeks (or more) before the event will be refunded at 50% of fee value.
3. Cancellations made less than two weeks before the event will be non-refundable.
4. Attendee substitutions may be made before the event with no additional charge.
5. In the event of very low subscription, we reserve the right to cancel the course - with full refund being payable in lieu of any bookings made - or to postpone the course to alternative dates.
6. This course (and further training) will be offered in additional venues across the UK and Europe during 2014 / 2015. If you are unable to attend this particular event, please check www.picaaurum.com for dates and venues of future courses.
7. Bespoke courses are also available at your own organisation - contact Angela Garry for details.
8. For queries or further information on this or any other Pica Aurum course, please contact Angela Garry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning +44-7707-688437.
// <![CDATA[ var sc_project=9814055; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="0b521442"; var sc_https=1; var sc_remove_link=1; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("</"+"script>"); // ]]>
When & Where
Angela Garry, trading as Pica Aurum.
Angela Garry is an award-winning Personal Assistant and a fully qualified Teacher, who now runs a Training company working with PAs, EAs and Administrative Assistants worldwide.
She has over 24 years' experience in administration in England and Ireland, 18 of which were in PA roles. She has worked in a range of organisations and industries including two global banks, a utility company, engineering consultancy, international seaport, government-sponsored employment training company, executive search group, two international banks, three Universities and latterly, five years building a new academy for 11 to 19 year olds in an inner city environment in the UK.
Shortlisted for both the UK “Headteachers’ PA of the Year” and “The Times / Hays PA of the Year” awards in 2011, Angela has combined her teaching and PA skills to become a renowned trainer, mentor and coach for Personal Assistants, Secretaries and Administrators, delivering highly successful training / networking events and seminars for around 4,600 attendees worldwide.
Angela has run workshops for corporate-based and charity attendees plus courses specifically designed for PAs and Administrators in Education in over 32 countries across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
On LinkedIn, Angela is the most connected Personal Assistant and PA Trainer globally.
Angela's first book "Brave PAs" for PAs and secretaries working in education was published in March 2015. Book number two, "The PA / EA Circus", for staff in any type of organisation, was published in September 2015. In addition she is the Owner / Editor for ‘EDPA’, the leading magazine for PAs and Admins in Education, and has contributed to many other PA-related magazines globally.