"TWO ESSENTIAL DAYS FOR PAs" - CAPE TOWN
Two days of workshops specifically designed and targeted for Personal Assistants, Secretaries and Administrators.
Come and join like-minded professionals for training sessions that have been designed with you in mind! The course will be delivered by Angela Garry, the world's most connected Trainer of Personal Assistants - a former PA herself. Having successfully delivered courses to over 2,200 PAs and Admins since 2010, this is one of a series of training events offered by Angela Garry and Pica Aurum throughout the Europe and Africa in 2014 / 2015. Further dates and venues to be announced on www.picaaurum.com.
The event consists of two full one-day workshops –
1. “Be a multi-tasking miracle maker” (dealing with constraints on your time, dealing with conflict and difficult situations; handling multiple requests and working for several managers; prioritising and adapting to large numbers of tasks whilst keeping a clear head; coping with an Executive's ridiculously busy inbox) and
2. “Project Management for PAs / EAs” (including defining project management; project planning; running and delivering the project; tips on organising a large event; problem-solving and decision-making tools).
Attendees will enjoy a variety of presentation styles, training tools, case studies and discussions on best practice with ample time for networking. Training will be delivered in English throughout. An outline of the training programme (in PDF format), including Testimonials from attendees on prior courses can be downloaded by clicking here.
This two-day course will run from 9:00 to 5:00 pm at each location.
Course option (1); Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 February 2015 at the Feather Tree Guest House, Centurion, Gauteng (http://feathertree.co.za). For GAUTENG bookings, please visit: http://twodaysgauteng.eventbrite.co.uk
Course option (2): Thursday 26 and Friday 27 February 2015 in a city-centre hotel, Cape Town, South Africa. (Venue to be confirmed).
This bookings site is for CAPE TOWN bookings only.
EARLY BIRD booking rates are available until end of Friday 12 December 2014: R5995 per person.
REGULAR booking rates are available between 10 December and end of 16 January 2015. R6995 per person.
LAST MINUTE booking rates are available until end of Friday 13 February 2015: R7995 per person.
Please note: ALL BOOKINGS MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO ATTENDANCE. Payments can be made electronically via this site with a credit card or Paypal account.
A 10% discount can be offered for multiple bookings from one organisation - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a promotional code to enter in the bookings process.
BE A MULTI-TASKING MIRACLE-MAKING PA
"Time management" won't help you: it's "YOU Management" that you really need! Almost every course or conference programme will push you in the direction of Time Management. Time management techniques can work very well for highly powered Executives to manage their day, chopping out the smaller tasks, creating more time for larger tasks, etc - whilst their Assistant carries out all everything else that is necessary.
However, Time Management courses aren't usually geared for the Assistant, and what they don't generally teach is how to manage YOURSELF under the stream of constant interruptions that are the very nature of the intensely busy role of the Executive or Personal Assistant. One of your primary purposes as the Executive's Assistant is to "mop up" everything and to cope with constant interruptions including telephone calls, emails, visits to the office, and even the boss himself. These are tasks that cannot be reduced in many cases, as they are the minutiae necessary in order for us to support the Executive who is running the organisation.
The workshop will include varying methods for:
- dealing with time-wasters, interruptions, constant phone calls and stands of visitors to your office;
- working with toxic colleagues, awkward management styles and difficult customers;
- handling multiple requests for your time and working for several managers;
- juggling large numbers of tasks whilst keeping a clear head;
- coping with an Executive's ridiculously busy inbox as well as your own;
and most of all,
- methods for ensuring that you can maintain a level of sanity, keep a healthy work/life balance and demonstrate whole-hearted professionalism throughout.
In short, this is a masterclass on multi-tasking in extremis.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR PAs / EAs
Whether you’re an administrative assistant, secretary, executive secretary or another member of the administrative support staff, this one-day course will give you the skills that spell project management success — scheduling, budgeting and planning, whilst understanding, developing and working with realistic project plans. The day will offer insight into how project management for administrative professionals can help you take a project from conception to completion.
- Defining project management: Planning and controlling projects; Meeting project objectives; Solving project problems; Managing time and priorities; Coordinating work done by others; Improving communication skills in relation to projects
- Project Planning: Generating a Project Plan; The importance of Phases; Implementing the Plan; Management of Risk; Project Team Roles; The Critical Path
- Running the Project: Posting Project Progress; Project Controls; Managing Variance; Reporting; Closing the Project; Post Project Review; Learning from each project
Vital tools will be included to assist with brain-storming, mind-mapping, Gantt charts, SWOT and PESTLE analysis, problem-solving and decision-making.
Cost and inclusions / exclusions:
INCLUDED: full course materials, attendance certificate, refreshment breaks and lunch.
EXCLUDED: Attendees are responsible for their own accommodation / transport to the venue.
Dress code throughout: smart / casual.
Terms and conditions of course bookings:
1. Course bookings are payable in advance via Eventbrite's online bookings system, and all payments MUST be received prior to attendance.
2. Cancellations made two weeks (or more) before the event will be refunded at 50% of fee value.
3. Cancellations made less than two weeks before the event will be non-refundable.
4. Attendee substitutions may be made before the event with no additional charge.
5. In the event of very low subscription, we reserve the right to cancel the course - with full refund being payable in lieu of any bookings made - or to postpone the course to alternative dates.
6. This course (and further training) will be offered in additional venues across Europe and Africa during 2014 / 2015. If you are unable to attend this particular event, please check www.picaaurum.com for dates and venues of future courses.
7. Bespoke courses are also available at your own organisation - contact Angela Garry for details.
8. For queries or further information on this or any other Pica Aurum course, please contact Angela Garry by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning +44-7707-688437.
When & Where
Angela Garry, trading as Pica Aurum.
Angela Garry is an award-winning Personal Assistant and a fully qualified Teacher, who now runs a Training company working with PAs, EAs and Administrative Assistants worldwide.
She has over 24 years' experience in administration in England and Ireland, 18 of which were in PA roles. She has worked in a range of organisations and industries including two global banks, a utility company, engineering consultancy, international seaport, government-sponsored employment training company, executive search group, two international banks, three Universities and latterly, five years building a new academy for 11 to 19 year olds in an inner city environment in the UK.
Shortlisted for both the UK “Headteachers’ PA of the Year” and “The Times / Hays PA of the Year” awards in 2011, Angela has combined her teaching and PA skills to become a renowned trainer, mentor and coach for Personal Assistants, Secretaries and Administrators, delivering highly successful training / networking events and seminars for around 4,600 attendees worldwide.
Angela has run workshops for corporate-based and charity attendees plus courses specifically designed for PAs and Administrators in Education in over 32 countries across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
On LinkedIn, Angela is the most connected Personal Assistant and PA Trainer globally.
Angela's first book "Brave PAs" for PAs and secretaries working in education was published in March 2015. Book number two, "The PA / EA Circus", for staff in any type of organisation, was published in September 2015. In addition she is the Owner / Editor for ‘EDPA’, the leading magazine for PAs and Admins in Education, and has contributed to many other PA-related magazines globally.