"TWO 'HOW TO' DAYS FOR TOMORROW'S PA" - PICA AURUM COURSE NR 2
Two days of practical and essential 'how to' workshops specifically designed and targeted for Personal Assistants, Secretaries and Administrators. Come and join like-minded professionals for training sessions that have been designed with you in mind! The course will be delivered by Angela Garry, the world's most connected Trainer of Personal Assistants - an award-winning PA herself. The course will be delivered in English throughout, with accompanying course notes in English.
Having successfully delivered courses to more than 3,500 PAs and Admins since 2010, this is Course nr 2 in a series of 4 two-day training programmes offered by Angela Garry, CEO of Pica Aurum, globally through 2014 / 2015 / 2016. Attendees will enjoy a variety of presentation styles, training tools, case studies and discussions on best practice, with ample time for networking.
This two-day course will run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Monday 7 and 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Tuesday 8 March 2016 at the JURY'S INN at EAST MIDLANDS AIRPORT, CASTLE DONINGTON.
Attendance / Rates:
REGULAR RATES: £360 per person.
- Discounts can be negotiated for group bookings - contact email@example.com to discuss.
- 10% discount to attendees of previous courses within this series from Pica Aurum - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event you have attended, prior to booking a place on this programme.
TWO "HOW TO" DAYS - ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR PAs
Vital seminars on how to move forward within your role: covering practical points, technological breakthroughs, utilising social media, building on your existing skills, managing change, and leading your manager to success.
- Perfect Presentations. Flipchart. Posters. Powerpoint. Prezi. What’s best for which occasion, and what makes a “perfect” presentation?
- Preparing for your appraisal –pulling together your achievements, aims and objectives for a yearly appraisal.
- Increasing productivity with email – dealing with an overflowing inbox; linking emails, task lists and calendar items effectively; handling multiple email inboxes, ‘de-cluttering’; email etiquette.
- Creating and making the most of your purple folder – the “bible” for major aspects of your role.
- Enhancing your minute-taking skills – and helping the Chairperson to run more successful meetings.
- The role of Social Media in your organisation – how it can be used to assist in marketing and PR - and the role you can play in it.
- Managing Change – when your company is restructuring, open your eyes to the potential within you, and manage change as and when it occurs.
- Connecting and building relationships – networking and how it can change your life and how you approach your job;
- plus methods for ensuring that you can maintain a level of sanity, keep a healthy work/life balance and demonstrate whole-hearted professionalism throughout.
Fully comprehensive course handbook plus attendance certificate will be issued to all attendees.
Copies of presentations can be provided on request - please bring a USB memory stick to the programme.
Refreshments on arrival, during the morning break, lunch and afternoon break are included on both days.
Dress code throughout: smart / casual.
The venue for this training will be the Jury's Inn at East Midlands airport, Castle Donington.
EXCLUDED: Attendees are responsible for their own accommodation / transport and, if travelling from outside of the UK, organising their own travel VISAs (where necessary). Overnight accommodation is available st the venue, plus there are a range of other hotels in the nearby area, offering a variety of accommodation levels - including Hilton, Radisson Blu and Holiday Inn Express.
Please contact email@example.com if a letter to your local embassy is required to support your attendance on the programme.
Payment MUST be received in full by the morning of the first day of the programme.
Payments made be made:
- direct via this site's Paypal payments system,
- electronically (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice),
- by cheque (which must clear prior to the programme), or
- in cash on arrival at the venue.
PLEASE NOTE: Non-payment by commencement of the programme will either result in refusal of entry or the imposition of a 20% late fee.
Terms and conditions of course bookings:
1. Course bookings are payable in advance via Eventbrite's online bookings system.
2. Cancellations made two weeks (or more) before the event will be refunded at 50% of value.
3. Cancellations made less than two weeks before the event will be non-refundable.
4. Attendee substitutions may be made up to one week before the event with no additional charge.
5. Payment must be made either BEFORE the event as stated above. If you require an invoice, please contact email@example.com but please check in advance that your Finance department can make payment on or by the course commencement date. A late fee of 20% will be incurred on late payments.
6. In the event of very low subscription or illness, we reserve the right to cancel the course - with full refund being payable in lieu of any bookings made - or to postpone the course to alternative dates.
7. This course (and further training) will be offered in a number of venues globally throughout 2014 - 2016. If you are unable to attend this particular event, please check www.picaaurum.com for dates and venues of future courses.
8. Bespoke courses are also available at your own organisation - contact Angela Garry for details.
9. For queries or further information on this or any other Pica Aurum course, please contact Angela Garry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning +44-7707-688437.
10. Bookings must be made by close of business on the Friday directly before the event.
// <![CDATA[ var sc_project=10531143; var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="84dae1eb"; var sc_https=1; var scJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://secure." : "http://www."); document.write("</"+"script>"); // ]]>
When & Where
Angela Garry, trading as Pica Aurum.
Angela Garry is an award-winning Personal Assistant and a fully qualified Teacher, who now runs a Training company working with PAs, EAs and Administrative Assistants worldwide.
She has over 24 years' experience in administration in England and Ireland, 18 of which were in PA roles. She has worked in a range of organisations and industries including two global banks, a utility company, engineering consultancy, international seaport, government-sponsored employment training company, executive search group, two international banks, three Universities and latterly, five years building a new academy for 11 to 19 year olds in an inner city environment in the UK.
Shortlisted for both the UK “Headteachers’ PA of the Year” and “The Times / Hays PA of the Year” awards in 2011, Angela has combined her teaching and PA skills to become a renowned trainer, mentor and coach for Personal Assistants, Secretaries and Administrators, delivering highly successful training / networking events and seminars for around 4,600 attendees worldwide.
Angela has run workshops for corporate-based and charity attendees plus courses specifically designed for PAs and Administrators in Education in over 32 countries across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
On LinkedIn, Angela is the most connected Personal Assistant and PA Trainer globally.
Angela's first book "Brave PAs" for PAs and secretaries working in education was published in March 2015. Book number two, "The PA / EA Circus", for staff in any type of organisation, was published in September 2015. In addition she is the Owner / Editor for ‘EDPA’, the leading magazine for PAs and Admins in Education, and has contributed to many other PA-related magazines globally.