San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Understanding Islam UK is pleased to invite you to our joint Nov-Dec 2016 educational session on Saturday 10 Dec 2016.
Programme for the day
16:00 - Arrival and registration
16:30 - UnMosqued - Documentary film (running time: 72min)
17:45 - Q&A Session
18:30 - Dua and close
Unmosqued was filmed and released by a group of young Muslims in America and it aims to engage people who have been disconnected from their local mosque and explore the various reasons that have led to this sentiment. It addresses questions such as:
- Are our mosques offering the safe intellectual and physical space to all age groups and genders?
- Do the mosques get involved in any community based projects which are open to all religions?
- Do our imams effectively address the current issues faced by Muslims today in their sermons, and in a language which is understood by the majority of young Muslims?
- Tea/coffee and snacks will be available throughout the afternoon.
- Free parking is available at the venue.
- Free creche facility is available for younger children.
- The venue is accessible to wheelchair users.
- Separate room available for older children - they can bring their books, iPads and tablets.
UIUK Educational Sessions
For more detail about our educational sessions and directions to the venue, please see our website.
Directions to the venue
Click here for directions on Google maps
Got a question or want to join our email list for future events?
Please email us
Interested in becoming a member or affiliate? Please complete and submit the online membership form
Save This Event
When & Where
Understanding Islam UK (UIUK)
Understanding Islam UK (UIUK) is a non-political, non-sectarian Muslim organisation which aims to propagate Islam through peaceful dialogue and present Islam in a way that befits the teachings of Allah Almighty. We are registered with the Charity Commission UK.
Our work takes the form of educational sessions. We focus on sound religious education which is fit for purpose in the 21st century. We hope to empower Muslims to approach the Qur’an and Sunnah with confidence and open-mindedness. Our academic and inclusive approach is aimed at inculcating the spirit of enquiry with the aim of uniting Muslims around the core of Islam.
We consciously encourage participation from women and non-Muslims. Our mission is simple: Let’s join hands in understanding God’s guidance.
We aim to deal with all issues in a non-confrontational manner in the form of dialogue and academic discussions. We offer family-friendly and inlusive educational sessions where open dialogue is encouraged. Our sessions are free to attend. Please click here for more detail on our website.