Actions and Detail Panel
UK Causal Inference Meeting 2017
Wed, 5 Apr 2017, 09:00 – Fri, 7 Apr 2017, 12:00 BST
The University of Essex is pleased to host the 5th annual UK Causal Inference Meeting (UK-CIM), which will take place from Wednesday 5th to Friday 7th April 2017. The pre-conference workshops will be held on Tuesday 4th April.
The meeting is sponsored by the ESRC Research Centre for Microsocial Change (MiSoC) and Understanding Society: The UK Longitudinal Household Study based at the Institute for Social & Economic Research.
See the programme here.
- Friday 17th February 2017: Deadline for a) ‘Early Bird’ registration fee and b) submission of abstracts for talks and poster presentation
- Early March 2017: Authors notified whether their abstracts have been accepted.
- 20th March 2017: Registration closes
All those authors who submit abstracts will be eligible for the early-bird registration fee after 17 Feb, whether or not their abstracts are accepted.
Aims and Objectives
UK-CIM is an initiative to organise a regular UK based meeting on causal inference as a collaborative effort across the methodology research community in the health, economics and social sciences.
UK-CIM aims to:
- Provide a forum for people interested in causal inference to meet informally
- Provide a forum for early career researchers to highlight their work
- Offer opportunities for networking to foster future research opportunities and collaborations
Please note that registration for the meeting is not restricted to people from the UK, and we welcome participation from anyone who would like to attend.
Theme of the Meeting
The theme of the meeting is “Causal Inference in Health, Economic and Social Sciences”. Causal inference is broadly defined, and the focus is on methodology and challenging applications, though presentations relating to interesting applications that highlight necessary methodological extensions are also encouraged.
Find more details of the event here. **NOW INCLUDING DRAFT PROGRAMME**