Department for International Trade, British High Commission Singapore in collaboration with Financial Services Organisation is organising its first UK FinTech Trade mission to Singapore, to coincide with the Singapore FinTech Festival.
Register your interest here to join the 2016 Fintech Mission to Singapore!
You will receive an application form on receipt of your expression of interest.
Singapore considers itself to be the FinTech capital of South East Asia, as well as the gateway to the ASEAN region. This mission gives you the opportunity to meet high quality customers and the FinTech community, and to get an insight into the FinTech ecosystem in this vibrant city.
The mission will mark the first ever FinTech Bridge established between UK and Singapore, announced by HM Treasury in May, this year.
The new FinTech bridge will help UK FinTech companies access the Singapore market and expand to Asia. The bridge also includes a regulatory agreement between the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), allowing the regulators to refer FinTech firms to their counterparts across the globe.
The core mission programme includes a welcome event, briefing on doing business In Singapore, meetings with financial institutions, pitching sessions with key Singaporean contacts, and site visits to companies in the city who are doing pioneering work in FinTech. This week is also the Singapore Fintech Festival (www.fintechfestival.sg/),
What to Expect on the 2016 Fintech Mission to Singapore:
- Pre-mission briefing prior to departure
- Network with and present your company to senior executives in banking, technology and venture capital
- Learn from industry insiders about doing business in Singapore
- Company profile featured in mission brochure circulated to Singapore companies
- Increase your company’s brand awareness in the financial services industry
- Help represent the UK as the world's leader in Fintech innovation
2016 Fintech Mission Deadlines:
- Applications must be received no later than on 12 October 2016
- Includes organisation of programme, group meetings, and conference pass.
- Cost of delegation does not include airfare or accommodations which are the sole responsibility of the attendee.
- Places limited to one participant per UK company