Why attend? What's it all about?
Listen to UK Nationality expert Philip Gamble discuss the latest changes to UK Nationality legislation and find out how they may affect you or lead to you (and your family) getting British Nationality.
How much does it cost to attend?
All seminars offered in South Africa are FREE of charge - but you must still register online.
Focus on South Africa
In recent years, Philip’s work has included looking into British Nationality solutions with respect to South Africa. This involves circumstances involving:
- Parent and grandparent birth in the UK
- Grandparents’ birth in the Transvaal Protectorate and the colonies of the Cape, Natal and the Orange Free State
- Union Nationality and it’s relation to British subjects
- The complex relationship with the Federation of Rhodesia, Northern Rhodesia and Nyasaland
- The consequences of the country leaving the Commonwealth between 31 May 1962 and 25 July 1994 and becoming a “foreign country” for British Nationality purposes, and
- South Africa’s re-admittance to the Commonwealth in 1994.
- Effects of gender discrimination and prejudice against illegitimate children in the past
A particular focus will be how children of British Citizens now living in SA can obtain British Nationality.
Who is Philip Gamble?
Philip Gamble trained with the Home Office and was responsible for front-line immigration casework within the department until 1992. He was the founding partner of Montgomery and Co. (Immigration) and later Managing Director of 1st Contact Visas until 2002. He founded the present firm, as the name suggests, and is now recognised as an authority in British Nationality Law and the effects of decolonisation within the former British Empire and it’s relationship to British Citizenship. Outside of the Firm, Philip has represented the industry as a whole, with the Home Office After-Entry Committee’s and Advisory Committee of the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. He has assisted the Home Office in formulation of their policy guidance in relation to the Highly Skilled Migrant’s Program (now Tier 1 of the Points Based Scheme) and has been actively involved in individual cases which have resulted in changes in the law.
When & Where
Philip Gamble & Partners
Philip Gamble & Partners are Immigration and UK Nationality law practitioners based in Croydon, South London.
We are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner ( OISC ) under registration number F200100004 - an independent body set up by the government to regulate all UK immigration and work permit advisors.