Coaching Children Rugby Union (UKCC Level 1)
Working with Children in Rugby Union is a rewarding experience, and this qualification course offers guidance on developing the whole child through the game. It will qualify you to coach and referee (game coaching) children in Rugby Union; through your work you will be better able to develop core skills and core values in young players in an active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe environment.
Friday 27 January (6.30pm-9pm), Saturday 28 January (9am-5pm), Sunday 29 January (9am-5pm)
On completion coaches will be able to:-
- Demonstrate equitable qualities appropriate to the role and responsibilities of rugby union coach of children
- Understand the principles of coaching
- Know how to plan, establish and maintain a safe coaching environment
- Understand how to plan and support the delivery of activities that are age and stage appropriate for all players
- Understand how to develop own coaching practice
This course is organised by approved coaching centres and delivered by SRU accredited coach educators. It will last approximately 21 hours (16 hours on course, 5 hours home study) and coaches must attend all three days to receive the final qualification
This course is competence based and involves on-course appraisal. It involves both classroom and outdoor practical activities, where coaches will be expected to participate fully in all sessions.