Coaching Youth & Adult Rugby Union (UKCC Level 2)
This course acts as an entry qualification for coaches who are currently coaching youth or adult rugby and will also include content on refereeing the 15-a-side game. Through your work you will be better able to develop core technical and tactical skills and core values in your players in an active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe environment.
Sunday 13 November (9am-5pm), Saturday 19 November (9am-5pm), Sunday 20 November (9am-5pm)
On completion coaches will be able to:-
- Deliver rugby union coaching sessions and provide direction to other coaches
- Understand the principles of coaching
- Know how to plan, establish and maintain a safe coaching environment
- Understand how to plan and support the delivery of activities that are age and stage appropriate for players
- Understand how to evaluate coaching activities and understand how to evaluate own coaching practice
This course is organised by approved coaching centres and delivered by Scottish Rugby accredited coach educators. It will last approximately 34 hours (24 hours on course, 10 hours home study) and coaches must attend all three days to receive the final qualification
This course is competence based and involves on-course appraisal. It involves both classroom and outdoor practical activities, where coaches will be expected to participate fully in all sessions.