UKTI East: Web Optimisation for International Trade
Wednesday, 17 September 2014 from 09:00 to 14:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you sure that…
- Your website is generating overseas business for you?
- Your website is found when people are searching for your products or services internationally?
- International visitors to your site are able to find relevant information quickly and easily?
Your website is an essential channel to showcase your products and services overseas. Attend this specialist master class to learn the practical steps you can take to boost your international business performance online and use the web as a new channel for international markets. Find out how to build and optimise a successful world-class website that will generate a higher volume of web traffic and gain new business from international customers. This master class, led by an expert in international websites and effective communication, will provide hints and tips on free tools and leading-edge web techniques to structure, design and optimise your website for international visitors.
Find out how to…
- Plan an international web strategy right from the start by targeting your international customers more effectively to increase your overseas sales.
- Be visible on the international web, reach new global customers and increase the number of website enquiries from outside the UK
- Forge ahead of your competitors in global markets by ranking more highly in international search engines and tapping into popular social media websites in other countries
- Write content that is understood by customers across the globe by localising your website and making your e-commerce system multi-currency.
This master class will include case studies of UKTI clients who have already gained new international work through the web. You can also learn from and network with other companies who are going international through the web.
The following topics will be covered in this master class:
- The international website opportunity
- Are you ready to go international?
- Are you visible on the international web?
- Models for an international web strategy
- How to build an international website
- How to optimise an international website
- Introduction to international social media
What you will leave with...
- A clear vision of what it takes to be a world-class business online
- A practical route map of how to become a world-class business online
- An action plan to get you started on developing and optimising an international website
- The skills to plan your international web strategy
Who should attend?
- Those looking to export for the first time
- Experienced exporters trying
About the trainer
Steve Sharp is registered to deliver Export Communications Reviews (ECRs) on behalf of UK Trade & Investment. He has been undertaking ECRs since 2001 and has worked with over 100 companies in East, South-East and Wales regions, advising them on how to improve their communications to win new customers and gain more revenue from international markets. Steve has a degree in Biochemistry, has worked for several multinational companies in sales and project management roles and has run several small businesses, including a leading language services company for 18 years.
When & Where
Department for International Trade (DIT) - East of England
With professional advisers across more than 100 international markets, the Department for International Trade (DIT) is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy.