There is simply no substitute for a personal visit. If you are serious about doing business in South Africa you have to go there, meet the people and build contacts.
UK Trade & Investment will offer you support before, during and after the visit. This will include:
• A dedicated market visit leader (International Trade Adviser) who will be available to you throughout your visit
• The support of UKTI Staff based in Johannesburg and Cape Town
• Access to tailor made, in-depth market research to identify contacts in the market appropriate to your business. This will provide you with an itinerary of prearranged business appointments and qualified contacts with an interest in your products/services available as part of UKTI’s Overseas Market Introduction Service.
• 1:1 meeting with our research specialist to look at effective market research and how to get the information you need
• Networking opportunities with local companies who are successfully working in the market
• Pre mission briefing to ensure that you are completely ready to get the most from your visit
There are a limited number of Market Visit Support Grants of £550 per company these will be allocated on a first come first served basis - Subject to eligibility
Small and Medium sized enterprises will be eligible to join the market visit to South Africa providing it is part of an agreed export strategy.
Companies should contact their local International Trade Adviser to discuss their eligibility for this market visit and to arrange the commissioning of any pre visit OMIS Reports.
> Flights, accommodation and airport transfers: We have appointed an ABTA accredited travel agend who can organise this for you. Early booking of the main flights is recommended as prices will rise. For an individual quote please contact Samantha at Corporate Traveller via: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on: 0117 360 0003
> Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS) - (optional) costs will vary depending on the amount of work you require
> £316 + VAT Administration fee - This fee enables us to organise the following: Pre visit and in-country briefings, the creation of a visit brochure for the delegates use, transfers whilst in the market to group events, admin and ITA support relating to the mission both prior to and during the visit, any formal mission networking events.
**If you do not wish to take advantage of our travel package you will be free to arrange your own travel but will be encouraged to stay in the recommended hotels.
We will offer you the opportunity to take part in a pre visit briefing at which we will ensure you are fully briefed about:
1. The language and business culture in South Africa
2. Documentation guidance so that you know what you need when the need arises
3. Logistics guidance to help you with getting your goods to market
4. Personal security whilst travelling and working abroad
5. Bribery and Corruption Act
Indicative Programme as below: (subject to change)
05/03/16 - Fly to Johannesburg.
06/03/16 - Familiarisation day
07/03/16 - Briefing Session at UKTI office in the morning. Afternoon will be open for companies to conduct their own pre arranged programmes. Evening Group dinner
08/03/15 – a briefing on the Kwazulu Natal province by Trade & Investment Kwazulu Natal
09/03/16 – Potential visit to the Eastern Cape for networking opportunity with the Eastern Cape Development Agency
10/03/16 – Cape Town – Briefing and networking opportunity with the Cape Chamber of Commerce and their members
11/03/16 – Political overview of the market at the British Consulate. Afternoon free...Evening flight to the UK
To receive further details please register your interest here today.
If you have any questions please contact: Sandra Warne T: 07788 311 555 E: email@example.com
You must have a UK registered company to take part in this market visit