Target Audience: Webdevelopers, webdesigners, technical users
Duration: 2 days
Become a Umbraco Certified Developer and learn how to apply Umbraco best practices and leverage the built-in features of the Umbraco CMS as you built a feature complete website using your own markup and design - the Umbraco Certified Developer is included in this course.
- Master the fundamental building blocks in Umbraco
- Build entire websites without compromising design and markup
- Gain the title of "Umbraco Certified Developer"
Who should attend?
Developers, designers and technical users who wants to learn best practices for their work in Umbraco and take advantage of the latest features.
What you will learn
You get 2 days of extensive classroom-based instruction, your trainer has years of Umbraco implementation and teaching experience, and will guide you through each exercise, and then give you plenty of hands-on time to solve it. Questions, conversation and feedback throughout the classes is encouraged, and there is plenty of time to investigate additional topics.
- Best practices for Umbraco Site architecture, how you design and structure your content
- Design and templating, powerful templating without compromising your markup
- Accessing content data in templates
- Making your html dynamic
- Reuse html with inheritance and partial templates
- Workflows, setting up users and permissions for day-to-day tasks
- Media, organize and utilise the Media section in Umbraco
- Structure, customise and and upload files
- Build galleries
- Learn how to use the Image Cropper
- Multilingual, having a website in multiple languages
- Forms, rich forms for collecting and sending visitor input
What you get
- 2 days with an experienced Umbraco developer as your trainer
- Hands-on exercises to ensure understanding
- Vast knowledge of the fundamental parts of a Umbraco website
- Training package, which includes:
- Extensive training workbook
- Training website and files
- Certification exam is included
- Catering provided, arrival Tea coffee and pastries, mid-morning tea and coffee lunch and afternoon tea, coffee and cake
- Listed on the Umbraco certified developers page
- Free 3-month access to umbraco.tv e-learning
What are the prerequisites
You will need to bring a laptop or notebook with Windows operating system natively or in a virtual machine. The latest.Net framework installled IIS or WebMatrix. Please note laptops are not provided by the trainer.
Additional Courses available
- Umbraco, MVC and Visual Studio – 1 day course
- Extending the Umbraco back Office – 1 day course
- Integrating applications with Umbraco – 1 day Course (available from December 2016)
If you would like to book more than one course or for 5 courses / attendees and above please contact us via our website or call us to discuss your requirements further.