Defining Best Practice In Research Procurement
Over 200 of you joined us on November 3rd 2015 for a day of high quality debate and analysis. This year the focus moves onto implementation.
Join us in London on the 3rd November to hear industry leaders discuss their reactions to new regulations and benchmark your plans and priorities with your peers.
Attendance for verified buyside delegates is complimentary
Under the new rules fund managers need to set pre-agreed budgets for research payments, provide detailed audit trails of payments made to research providers, and also disclose transparent methodologies as to how they select and pay for research. We will see how each national regulator chooses to interpret the MiFID II Delegated Acts, but it’s clear that the buyside is already changing its research sourcing and consumption processes.
Unbundling Uncovered will allow asset managers to benchmark their plans and efforts to comply with the new rules, and provide end investors with the opportunity to understand how these changes will affect them. Will the enhanced-CSA payment model be the norm in 2018 or will firms begin to pay from their own resources, and will it be regulation or competitive pressure that drives that choice? Whilst much of the focus has been on equity markets, implications for FICC research are perhaps even more structurally transformational. Panels will cover the CIO perspective, RPA best practice, the likely change in business models on the supply side, charging for FICC research, and technology and platform solutions.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Peter Allen, Chairman, Euro IRP
- Robert Alster, Head of Research, Close Brothers
- Romain Boscher, Chief Investment Officer, Equities, Amundi
- Sandy Bragg, Chief Executive Officer, Integrity Research Associates
- Chantal Brennan, Chief Investment Officer, Davy Asset Management
- Chris Brown, Chief Investment Officer, IPS Capital
- Nigel Cuming, Chief Investment Officer, Canaccord Genuity WM
- Alistair Haig, Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- Sheena Kelman, Head of Dealing, Martin Currie
- Gianluca Minieri, Global Head of Trading, Pioneer Investment Management
- Jens Nordvig, Founder and CEO, Exante Data
- Jonathan Pitkanen, Head of IG Credit Research, Columbia Threadneedle
- Neil Scarth, Principal, Frost Consulting & Advisory
- Rudolf Siebel, Managing Director, German Investment Funds Association
- Roland Spurr, Equities Business Manager, AllianceBernstein
- Des Supple, Chief Executive Officer, Event Horizon Research
- Richard Taylor, Head of EMEA Equity Research, Jefferies & Company