Recording of the Unconscious bias - webinar run on the 23th August 2016.
Description of the original webinar. :
Unconscious Bias- webinar
This webinar is for anyone working with careers service clients or recruiting/selecting staff. The webinar will:
• Explore the brain’s processing short cuts
• Provide evidence of how these affect behaviour and decision making
• Provide strategies to manage our brain’s short cuts
The webinar will demonstrate, using evidence from research, how all of us have and are affected by bias we are not aware of. These biases have real-world consequences for recruitment decisions, career progression and access to training and development activities.
It will also cover techniques for becoming aware of our unconscious biases and overcoming them.
The webinar will include practical demonstrations of unconscious bias in action and provide a theoretical context.
For those interested in learning more about the topic, links to further resources will be provided.
Benefits / Learning outcomes
This webinar will:
• enable participants to add value to their work by becoming aware of their unconscious biases and addressing them
• enable them to support careers clients or colleagues involved in recruitment and selection processes by helping them understand how decisions are sometimes made irrationally.
Careers consultant working with PhD and medical students at King’s College London. Donald’s interest in unconscious bias comes from studying philosophy and particularly issues of decision making and self-awareness. He also has many years’ experience in recruiting as a manager.
Please note if you are booking the recording of the webinar from outside of the United Kingdom different VAT regulations apply. Before you submit your booking please contact us: email@example.com.