Actions and Detail Panel
Under the Influence
Fri 17 November 2017, 09:15 – 16:30 GMT
Invitation to: Under the Influence - Influencing Skills Programme
Enlist the support of others to achieve your aims
Join us for an engaging one day programme and learn new approaches and proven techniques on how to influence and persuade others. You will discover effective ways to enlist the support of others to achieve your objectives and how to create valuable alliances - both inside your team and across your workplace. This comprehensive and highly practical session is delivered by subject specialists from Endor Learn & Develop and includes a handy A4 workbook for all attendees as well as a practical influencing toolkit to apply after the course.
Increasingly, we are all expected to convince people who do not work alongside us, to do things that are central to the success of our own job. Effective influencers excel at getting others on board – without the need for coercion or manipulation. In today’s ever-changing world, very little can be accomplished without having to influence and persuade key groups – including colleagues, customers, suppliers and friends. Over time, you will have fashioned your own set of influencing strategies on which you rely. This applied course aims to help you to recognise these preferred approaches, develop them further, and then boost your ability to persuade people more convincingly.
- Identify the main sources of leverage in the workplace.
- Distinguish between manipulation, power and persuasion.
- Practice methods to overcome barriers to effective influence.
- Persuade and enlist the support of others to achieve objectives.
- Strengthen preferred styles to build impact, rapport and credibility.
- Apply a range of interpersonal skills which will support the creation of well-formed outcomes, when influencing in group situations.
- Communicate with confidence, ensuring messages are heard and understood.
- Apply methods to engage others and minimise conflict.
- Know when and how to accept the opinions, values and needs of others.
- Consistently work to achieve a win-win situation.
‘Great ideas on how to build credibility and getting others on board to achieve my aims. A must for anyone who needs to persuade anyone. Useful suggestions on how to involve colleagues… highly recommended’.
Account Manager - Defence Solutions Ltd.
‘Underlined the importance of individualising messages when leading and influencing people’.
Head of HR – Hodgson Sealants
Who should attend?
Suitable for all. Used for improved communication skills. Impact and credibility at work. Building trust and rapport. Empathy and understanding. Conflict resolution. Customer service. Sales and marketing. Relationship development.
- Arrival and welcome drinks from 09:10
- Start time: 09:15. End time: 16:30
- 10 minute breaks morning and afternoon (tea, coffee)
- 45 minutes for lunch – complimentary buffet lunch is provided
What to do next?
All you need to do is register your ticket to attend this event. These programmes are often oversubscribed, with only limited spaces available, so book your seat now to avoid disappointment.
Please note: there is very limited parking available at Sparkhouse. The nearest car park is the NCP on Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS. Alternatively you can use the NCP on St Mary's St, Lincoln LN5 7EQ or Broadgate Car Park, Saint Rumbold's Street, Lincoln LN2 5AP
Information, Terms and Conditions:
For your convenience, Endor provide a visible and easy to apply all-inclusive, delegate rate for all our events. We absorb any additional charges including Eventbrite booking fees, processing fees and catering costs if applicable. Attendees can print VAT receipts from the order confirmation email or from the Tickets section of an account.
Any cancellation charges are calculated from when any written cancellation notice has been received and will be applied in all cases. All bookings involve administrative costs and it is difficult to fill vacant spaces as a result of any late cancellations.
- Over 2 weeks’ written cancellation notice: Full refund provided.
- 1 week cancellation notice: 50% refund.
- Less than 7 days cancellation notice: No refund is available.
Alternatively, a substitute delegate can be named at any time before the course. There will be no extra surcharge for making a substitution. No refund will be payable for non-attendance if no prior notice of cancellation is given. Any refund due, will be issued after the course.
Enjoy the programme.