Aims of event:
- To gain a deeper understanding of the nature of trust.
- To increase confidence in discussing issues of trust with clients.
- Gain ability to use specific strategies for dealing with broken trust and trust formation.
- To refresh and add to existing skills and expand the “toolkit”.
About the Presenter: Euan Foy
Following a career in education and training, Euan trained as a mediator in 2006. Since then he has worked in conflict resolution, helping people manage change effectively, form better relationships, heal injured feelings, and facilitate more productive strategies to meet individual and organisational goals. This work has taken place in a variety of contexts; the workplace, family, business and community. In addition to being a mediator, Euan is a supervisor for other mediators, and a trainer and facilitator. He is trained in work place and family mediation and attends mandatory CPD events. He has postgraduate qualifications in Legal Philosophy, Conflict Resolution and Mediation studies, and is working towards a PhD researching mediator strategies to develop interpersonal and organisational trust.
Who is it for?
Counsellors, Couples Counsellors, Therapists, Mediators, Coaches, HR professionals and managers
10.00. Introductions of presenter, participants and topic.
- The nature of trust; interdependence, outcomes and risk.
- Types of trust. Calculus Versus Identity based trust.
- Components of trust: Integrity and competence.
11.15 Pair discussion on personal experiences of trust in relation to above.
11.50 Group exercise- Features of low trust/high trust relationships.
1.30 “Stories of trust”- Case Studies: Narrative practice- Presenter explanation plus pair work.
2.30 Oxytocin and “moves creating more trustful future interactions.” Including role play
3.45 Self-trust- How we can learn to trusts ourselves
Minimum numbers: 10 / Maximum numbers: 20
Please note that the workshop is subject to cancellation or re-schduling if the minimum numbers to make it viable are not achieved.
£60 - must be paid prior to the event
Refreshments, snacks, handouts and CPD certificate are included in the price.
Note – lunch is not included.
How do I register?
Above or by requesting and registration form from firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE - VENUE IS LOCATED WITHIN 5 MINUTES WALKING DISTANCE FROM CAMELON TRAIN STATION.
The Sharing Space
· Would you like to present at a seminar or workshop?
· Can you recommend a speaker?
· Do you have a topic you would like to hear about?
Then email email@example.com.
Pass it on! Feel free to pass this invitation on to colleagues and counselling centres – everyone is welcome!
When & Where
Greenwood Events organises affordable workshops for counsellors in Scotland. Go to www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for further information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.