Actions and Detail Panel
Wed 22 November 2017, 13:00 – 16:30
A half-day introductory workshop to explore anxiety in children and young people
Course Objectives & Benefits
By the end of the day participants will gain:
- Confidence to support colleagues and parents/carers working with young people with anxiety
- Awareness of the various types of anxiety including generalised, separation, social, phobia, panic and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Greater insight into how young people might experience anxiety
- Practical strategies to engage and support young people with anxiety
- An overview of anxiety disorder assessment and risk management including appropriate referral pathways
- Information on treatment and care offered by CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services)
Professionals who work with young people and/or parents carers in various settings including schools, youth projects, children’s homes, voluntary agencies and community organisations (including health visiting and policing).
AM Session - 9:00am for a 9:30am start. Coffee & Tea on arrival.
PM Session - 1pm for a 1:30pm start. Coffee & Tea on arrival.
Free parking (please provide license plate number to Country Park reception in visitors centre). Training room is upstairs in the visitors centre. Delegates can access the country park before or after training.
Equivalent to 3 hours CPD. Certficates Provided.
Robin Barker, Director of Training