Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding Autism Through Open Learn
Thu 9 February 2017, 18:00 – 21:00 GMT
The course will explore….
- what we mean by autism
- how autism impacts on people’s lives
- how we should respond to people who are on the autistic spectrum
*Participants may bring their own laptop
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- anyone who wants a deeper understanding of autism
- anyone who wants to know more about how to interact positively with people on the autistic spectrum
- anyone who wants knowledge of how to access and utilise the open university’s open learn materials linked to the topic. students will be supported in navigating the open learn site by OU tutors
By the end of the session participants will have:
- a deeper understanding of what we mean by autism and how we should respond to it in a way that enhances lives and reduces prejudice
a clearer understanding of where to gain high quality information that is accessible and free.