Actions and Detail Panel
Understanding Business Accounts
Mon 17 October 2016, 09:30 – 15:30 BST
Delegates attending this course will:
- Identify the different types of organisational structure and the advantages and disadvantages of each, including sole trader, partnership and limited company.
- Review the profit or loss account and balance sheet and cash flow statement of a limited company addressing all definitions and terminology to understand how they are formatted and why.
- Learn to interpret the financial performance of a business using key performance indicators addressing:
- financial risk (gearing)
- Discuss the limitations of using ratios to analyse financial performance.
- Identify why profit and the cash position differ in a set of accounts and how you can ensure there is enough cash in your business.
- Review the importance of planning and budgeting in a business to ensure both day-to-day and long term objectives are achieved.